Do you ever wonder what to do with your free time? We came up with some easy and fun suggestions of hobbies for teens & other things to try to fill your free time during the week with enjoyable activities.
Pick a topic that resonates with you, and see some of our top suggestions:
– Book Club: make one with your friends or join a community. Look into your local library for organized book clubs.
– Library visit: spend some calm time reading your favorite books in a quiet space.
– Sit or lay somewhere comfortable, and just read!
– Try a new type of book: If you love fiction, try non-fiction, or vice versa. Also, explore a new genre, like adventure, mystery, comedy, comic books, fantasy, historical fiction, or even travel.
These hobbies for teens are all great hobbies for summer!
– Try a new instrument like the piano, or guitar or perhaps join a school band.
– Play around on GarageBand.
– Start a band with your friends.
– Sign-up for music instrument lessons or join a club.
Music is filled with fun hobby ideas for teens!
– Drama or musical theater: sign-up at school if they have an after school program or join an after school program.
– Animation: look at online animation courses or YouTube tutorials.
– Paint: Find inspiration in your house, or in nature, and try a different style. Look at the art of famous artists and try painting in their style.
– Draw: take a drawing class, or watch a tutorial on YouTube.
– Photography: take photos of your friends, or objects in your house, and neighbourhood. Look up tutorials on photo-taking and editing tips on YouTube or other platforms.
– Writing: take some time and start writing or join a writing club. Look at free writing workshops at your local library.
– Make some jewelry for yourself or friends. Again, lots of fun tutorials exist on Youtube.
– Dance, join a club or dance studio, or even just have some fun with friends. There is tap, ballet, jazz, contemporary, really so many types of dance programs.
– Look into what your local YMCA is offering.
– Sign-up for a soccer team.
– Join a school team for track and field, badminton, basketball or another sport.
– Try tennis lessons.
– Visit a museum or art gallery.
– Read about a famous painter such as Picasso and learn what inspired them.
– Learn about a famous person who interests and inspires you, such as Elon Musk or Zendaya.
– Historic buildings: architecture is an art, explore and read about it, especially something local to you.
– Invite a friend to hangout! Go to the mall, the park, Starbucks, get ice cream, or even just go over to their house.
We hope that this list of hobbies for summer gives you a small bit of happiness and inspires you to try something new!
For more happiness check out our Mood Boost page.
Featuring quick videos created for teens by teens.
This list is created for teens by teens. We list some fun hobby ideas, including hobbies for summer and hobby ideas for teens.
We hope this list of hobbies for summer and teens gives you some good inspiration!