From our community to yours, we’re wishing you happy holidays. In this BIT discover our top 10 fun facts about Christmas and Hanukkah. Read these to boost your mood this holiday season.
Tip: share one of these with a friend or family member at your next holiday party!
In this BIT: Our top 10 Hanukkah and Christmas fun facts.
1. If you bought all the gifts from the “12 Days of Christmas” song, it would actually be really expensive. The most expensive item on the list would be the seven swans, which would cost about $6,300.
2. In the U.S, 33 million real Christmas trees were sold in 2013.
3. About 93% of Americans celebrate Christmas.
4. The song, “Rockin’ Around The Christmas Tree” was sung by Brenda Lee when she was only 13 years old.
5. There are 16 varieties of Christmas trees.
1. There are multiple spellings, this includes: Chanukah, Hanukkah and Hanukkah.
2. One of the most popular modern Hanukkah songs is “The Chanukah Song” by Adam Sandler.
3. As a way to honor the oil that burned for eight nights, most traditional Hanukkah foods are fried in oil.
4. Hanukkah isn’t actually the most important Jewish holiday. The more important ones include Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur.
5. The world’s largest menorah is in New York.
Photo credit: NYCgo.com
We hope that these Christmas and Hanukkah fun facts give you a small bit of happiness.
For more happiness check out our Mood Boost page.
Featuring quick videos created for teens by teens.